Many things come to mind when I look at this picture of me sleeping on the floor of the Moscow airport at 3AM during an unexpected 12 hour overnight layover.
1. Thank God we found a camp of random air mattresses.
2. So happy the 5-year-old that was playing in this ball pit I had for a head-board left
3. Doing anything, even sleep deprivation and 36 hours without a shower, is simply better with my love by my side.
4. So many people go every night without a warm and comfortable place to stay. I had to endure just one night without the comforts of home, and still, I had a place to lay.
5. Be kind to your neighbor. We’re all in this together. We all crave the same things and have the same needs.
6. Cut people some slack for when they’re not so kind. You don’t know the journey they too have traveled.
7. Traveling is always an adventure. Savor all the moments, even the not planned, not exactly convenient, in-between moments. These are the moments that create a life worth living.